Studio/Contest Phone or Text: (801) 570-5767
To participate in Z104 contests, you must enter to win at a live remote broadcast, enter online at www.z104country.com, www.facebook.com/Z104country, or listen on the air for contesting, depending on the contest.
Contests are open to all Z104 listeners who are 18 years of age or older and who reside in the greater Utah area.
Your address must be able to receive the terrestrial broadcast signal of Z104 (KSOP-FM) at 104.3 FM.
Employees of Z104, Inc., affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Utah area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
OTHER LIMITATIONS ON WINNING CONTESTS: A PRIZE CAN BE WON ONLY ONCE EVERY 30 DAYS PER HOUSEHOLD ADDRESS.
Winner must hold a valid driver’s license. Must sign all waivers & regulations before leaving on trips or accepting any prize.
All prizes or certificates must be picked up at the Z104 Studios, 1285 West 2320 South in West Valley City, UT 84119. Any prize or certificate not claimed within 30 days of winning will be forfeited by winner. In the event that the prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with prior consent from the winner, and therefore winner assumes the risk of loss. KSOP, Inc. is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate. Cash prizes $599.00 and under will be mailed within 30 days to the address provided by the winner. Cash prizes over $600.00 must be picked up in person during regular business hours. Contest prizes are not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
We are sorry, but we do not offer prize substitutions.
Listeners playing contests on-line need to be aware that there may be some lag time in the broadcast due to streaming logistics. Z104 is not responsible for this lag time as it pertains to contest execution. Z104 is also not responsible for third-party sites used in contesting being down, or otherwise slow, or non-operational.
Decision of station management with respect to the contest is final. Winner must listen or be present to win, depending on rules of the contest, as specified. A time period may be stipulated, and if expired, another winner may be chosen.
Payment of all federal, state, and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner may be required to sign an IRS form, W-9 or equivalent before prize is released.
By participating in the contest, the winner or winners (and their guest/traveling companion, if any) agreement is implied to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and may be asked to sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize.
Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize valued at $600.00 or greater or which prize includes the provision of transportation, whether or not such transportation is provided by Z104. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold Z104, their affiliated companies and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
Z104, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Z104 website, or anyone who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. Z104 is not responsible for cancellation of an event or replacing tickets to the canceled event with another prize.
Z104 reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant's disqualification, at the sole discretion of KSOP, Inc.
Z104 is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize.
Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the Z104 Studios at 1285 West 2320 South, West Valley City, UT 84119, or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the studio address.
Z104’S “GET HAPPIER”VACATION AT THE DISNEYLAND® RESORT” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station Z104 KSOP-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by KSOP, Inc., 1285 W 2320 S., West Valley City, UT, 84115, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the Z104 “Magical Phrase That Pays Getaways to the Disneyland® Resort” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the station in the last 30 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the station in the last 30 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of KSOP Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step- siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Contest Period. The Contest will begin on 12:01a.m., MT on March 5, 2018 and will run through 4:59 p.m., MT on March 19th, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
4. How to Enter. You will automatically be entered the Contest once you complete one (1) of the following:
A. On-Air: (i) Listen to the Station weekdays from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. specifically in the 8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. hours during the Contest Period. (ii) The Station will give you a number that will be part of the code that will unlock the Magical Disney Vault. (iii) Caller Z (26) to the Station the next morning at 7:15 am, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, that knows the combination to the vault will win a 4-pack of two-day, one park per day Tickets to the Disneyland Resort. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. Thus, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
B. Online: (i) Visit the Station’s website www.z104country.com or Facebook page Z104country during the Contest Period and click on the “Contest” link, (ii) click on the “Happier at Disneyland Contest” the Disneyland Resort link, and (iii) complete an entry form. All entries must be received by 4:59 p.m., MT on March 19th to be eligible for the grand prize drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person per day per email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted. One (1) Online Participant will be selected to win one (1) of the four (4) available Grand Prizes.
5. Winner Selection. On or about 7:30 a.m., MST on each morning (excluding weekends and the morning of March 5th as we will not have given out a combination yet) during the on-air Contest Period beginning March 6th the station will solicit for Caller Z to call the station at 801-570-5767. The station will take caller Z (caller 26) If the callers know the Magical Disneyland Vault Combination (The Combination will be announced weekdays at 8/10/12/2/4/6) they may be awarded the prize. All winners will be eligible for the grand prize to be randomly selected at the end of each week Friday March 9th 5:00 p.m. And Monday March 19th at 7:45:a.m. MT. The grand prize includes 2-Nights at a Disneyland Resort Hotel with 4-3 Day, 1-Park per day Park Tickets (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). If the entrant does not know the combination to the vault the station will move on to the next caller. This process will continue until a winning caller is awarded.
Selections from Online Entries. On March 19th, 2018, on or about 5:15 p.m. Station will select one (1) entry for one Grand Prize Package in a random drawing from among all valid Online Entries, as outlined above in Section 4B, during the Contest Period. The potential winning entrant’s name will be read on the air. Entrant will have ten minutes and forty-three seconds (00:10:43) to call the station at 801-570-5767. If the entrant calls in the allotted time, they may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). If the entrant does not call within the allotted time, Station will read another entrant’s name on the air and that entrant will have the same amount of time to call in to win. This process will continue until a winning entrant is awarded one (1) of the Grand Prize(s). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Station will contact winner by phone or e-mail for final verification of eligibility. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
6. Verification of Potential Winner. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the Contest Prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
(i) QUALIFYING PRIZES. Each winner gets four (4) two-day one-park per day Disneyland Resort Tickets and one (1) entry to win one of the Grand Prizes. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
(a) (ii) Grand Prize There are two (2) Grand Prize(s) to be given away in this Contest. All winners that win on air will be qualified for a Grand Prize Package. (One (1) of the Two (2)) Grand Prize winners will come exclusively from online entrants, as outlined above in Section 4. Each Grand Prize is a vacation for four (the winner and three (3) guests) to the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, CA, which consists of one (2) night Hotel accommodations for the Group (one (1) standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax, subject to certain room availability) for up to two (2) consecutive nights at a Premises or Premises area hotel selected by Disney in its sole discretion (daily parking at the Premises is not included).
(b) Up to four (4) 3-Day, 1-Park per day Disneyland® Resort tickets for the Group good for admission to Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park, but not to both Parks on the same day (subject to restrictions).
(c) The estimated retail value of the Vacation Package is $1,620. The actual value of the vacation package may vary depending on point of departure and seasonal fluctuations of hotel rates. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of the/each Vacation Package will not be awarded.
(d) To the extent any prize (or portion thereof) is not or cannot be redeemed for any reason, Promoter will lose all rights to such prize and will not have the right to reassign or otherwise transfer such prize. Promoter will provide all winning affidavits from the winner(s) of the contest/sweepstakes to Disney by a date determined by Disney.
The estimated retail value of the vacation package is $1,620.00.
Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
Grand Prize Vacations must be taken before March 15, 2019. Grand Prize, Grand Prize components and Tickets may not be sold, redeemed for cash, traded, transferred, or rescheduled to dates other than set forth above. Grand Prize components may not be separated. Certain travel restrictions apply. Z104 KSOP-FM is the Sponsor of the Sweepstakes.
The Vacation Packages shall not include the following: Travel to and from the Disneyland® Resort; hotel room service; parking fees; laundry service; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs, etc.; local and long-distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges, resort fees or taxes; or all other charges not explicitly included in the packages pursuant to this Agreement. The Vacation Packages (and all elements thereof) may not be sold, redeemed for cash, traded, transferred or rescheduled, except in Disney’s sole and
absolute discretion. Vacation Package fulfillment is subject to certain restrictions and is subject to hotel availability at the Disneyland® Resort. Advanced reservations required. Winners must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to enter and win. Travelers under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian and must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
8. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, KSOP Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; (c) Disney, its parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, actions and/or causes of actions which arise out of and/or in any way relate to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the Promotion. Certain restrictions shall apply to the Vacation Packages, which restrictions shall be determined by Disney in its sole and absolute discretion. and (d) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant's participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Station’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
10. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
11. General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Station, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
15. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self- addressed stamped envelope to the Contest Sponsor identified below. CONTEST SPONSOR: KSOP, Inc., Z104. 1285 W. 2320 S. West Valley City, UT, 84119.